Friday, March 06, 2009

TED: The Making of Benjamin Button (no spoilers)

This technology is truly awesome. A great big leap for the visual effects industry. I'm sure there are many movie ideas which suddenly become feasible with these techniques. I have seen the movie and I could quite easily spot that the face was computer generated. But that didn't detract from the movie at all because the face did show convincing expressions and emotions. Certainly if you compare it with Beowulf or The Polar Express it's miles ahead. And I'm sure that this technology will only get better. For more TED Talks go visit the TED YouTube channel, it is much higher quality than at TED's own site.

2 comments:

annom said...

Awesome technology, very impressive. I still have to see the movie.

I also switched to youtube for TED movies. I really enjoy the youtube quality upgrade, they made a big quality leap in a short time after being idle on that part for years.

cybrbeast said...

Yes, though I wonder how sustainable all this online HD content is, especially with the recent crash in the online ad revenues. But I think Google can weather the storm, and of course bandwidth will only get cheaper every year.