Friday, December 17, 2010

LifeXP v0.1

I managed to create an alpha version of our life experience app (name still open). After a lot of blood, sweat and tears. Mainly tears.

Android app: download LifeXP.apk

Experiences are stored on our server, in this text file, and can be donwloaded by the press of a button in the app. You can add new experiences to this file and upload it to www.rainbowboys.org/annom/lifexp/. Click "Download Experiences" in the app and it will fetch the new database. That's how it works for now.

All the content is just placeholder info (and still civilized :) ). I make the app, not the content. It's a prototype kind of things so keep that in mind if you want to give some constructive criticism.

Some screenshots for those without Android phone.



8 comments:

cybrbeast said...

Wow, cool! Amazing that you decided your time would be well spent doing this :)

I have 141 XP with the base options :)

Only the buttons on the main page aren't formatted correctly on my phone. They are more oval and smaller so the text doesn't fit.

Will it be possible to submit experiences at some time? I think they should land in a separate database which needs to be checked before it is added to the main database.

cybrbeast said...

Here is what I see

cybrbeast said...

I think I've broken my version. I uploaded a new experiences.txt and when I downloaded the new one it started force closing and it won't open again.

I think it maybe because I tried to add another category in the list. I've replaced the text file with the old one.

cybrbeast said...

That did seem to be the problem. I now added Salvia to the existing Drugs category and it did work correctly now.

cybrbeast said...

A slightly similar app on iPhone. But that one doesn't seem to have the social aspect and is more like an fun todo list.

pimp-a-lot bear said...

The buttons look the same on my awesomephone as on cybrs. Looks promising!

annom said...

Jeej for consistency! We all have android 2.2 right? It works correctly on the emulator for 1.6, 2.1 and 2.2 so I just blame your fucksomephone! :P

These are the things that make programming not so fun. I can't even check any possible fix without using your phones.

What theme/style are you using? You both don't have the default Android look.

It is probably best to just use the default Android buttons, they should work. Style comes later. Less is more.

pimp-a-lot bear said...

yes! functions before design!