Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Test Panel

I need you guys as a test panel for one of my assignments for study. It's supposed to be a pictogram -like a traffic sign- so Im looking for one or two words that pop-up in your head the second you see this...



*edited by Douche

try this,
I added a waterline in the glass to actually make them look more like wineglasses.
I added bubbles to make it look like champagne instead of normal wine.
Adding an explosion type thing is kinda hard with only white lines, but I did what I could.

edit dekus:
As a reply to wiki's last comment, I made one with the glasses in the center, though I also added people which I'm not very pleased with so thats why this design didn't make it. I have to present this assignment tomorrow so any good thoughts are still welcome!

(one of the early drawings)
this is a fast sketch on how it looks like when you put them togheter. by wiki

13 comments:

Kamiel said...

i see in this picture 2 anuses where the diarrhoea is spurting out, and just missing the glasses.

With the 2 girls 1 cub movie as insparation.

dekus said...

maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

Kamiel said...

i needed to blink twice with my eyes but now i see it. New year party!

annom said...

New Year's Eve

The anuses take a good second place :)

What is your assignment?

Unknown said...

new-year, calm.

It's clearly about new-year, but.....
the fireworks express action while the blue color behind it expresses peace & quiet.

annom said...

You should post these pictures in png or gif format, or jpg/jpg2000 lossless. I can see jpg compression around the white lines. It's good to get used to use the correct file format.

dekus said...

thnx for the tip!

dekus said...

Indeed it has to show new year. The assignment was to make a pictogram expressing new year ^^.

Yet what's interesting is that this test panel did guess it right, though my collogues (especially the printers) didn't guess it right.

It's easy to think that this has something to do with education, though I couldn't explain why.

The blue color is chosen for it's approving image, most traffic signs that tell that it's ok to do something are blue. A stoplight is in my opinion a different story though.

cybrbeast said...

Yep for me it was also an instant new year's eve. What did your colleagues think?

dekus said...

glasses and fireworks -.-

Nice job Douche! I made practicly the same thing with the bubbles and so, but it has to be a pictogram/icon like the toilet lady and man. So I stript my first scetch to a minimum and ended up with what I made.

cybrbeast said...

I agree dekus' is better especially as a icon.

Kamiel said...

i agree aswell that for an icon simplicity is important.

Something different, why don't put the firework behind the glasses so its more a total (geheel in dutch, don't know if total is the right translation. If i got time today i will try to make a sketch with paint :)

cybrbeast said...

wiki makes a nice composition, though I think it's a little less clear than dekus' icon.