Friday, November 30, 2007

Feynman Quotes

I like to read almost everything from Richard Feynman. He truly is a great, inspiring and interesting person in my opinion. Maybe you really don't care about this dead physicist though :) Richard Feynman phrases my fundamental view on science and religion pretty good in this quote:

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I'm not absolutely sure of anything."

"Some people say, "How can you live without knowing?" I do not know what they mean. I always live without knowing. That is easy. How you get to know is what I want to know."

"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."

"I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things; by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose — which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me."

2 comments:

cybrbeast said...

nice quotes

Kamiel said...

indeed very nice quotes. Its kinda hard to argu against people that know things for sure. This are some nice quotes to use against them.