Friday, January 18, 2008

If I click a label...

it only shows the last 20 posts of that label. I changed the number of posts on the frontpage, but that doesn't affect the number of posts per label that it shows. I also can't find a "next page" button. How can I view all posts with a specific label? This is pretty sucky. The new blogger template system has a "next page" link, but not the old template(that we use). This seems to make large labels totally useless, or am I wrong? edit: I can get an overview in "edit posts", but that doesn't feel as good as a full rendered page of 80 technology posts.

5 comments:

annom said...

And off topic: check the comments of the liquid metal post, wtf!

cybrbeast said...

Yes heaps of spam on Liquid Metal.

As for the labels, I found this tutorial online. Basically it involves upgrading to the new blogger, but here is the smart part, you can just copy the code of the old template and replace the new template. Then we still have our old layout, but can use the upgraded label features. Maybe worth a try.

Unknown said...

yeah, you can just copy paste. If worse comes to worse then they renamed the php-stuff like <$commentblogpost>. But once you figure out which is which you can easily rename them and they should work about the same.

pimp-a-lot bear said...

That's weird!

the url linking to the labels in the tutorial isn't correct. I used a different url that works, his one doesn't. See for your self if you don't believe me.

Another way of viewing al posts of a label is adding the part "?max-results=100" to the url, resulting in this.

annom said...

Cool! Good find, now lets add this to the urls in the label menu. I will do it when I have time.