Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bill Gates e-mail

Click the title for the whole e-mail, here are some highlights:


From: Bill Gates
Subject: Windows Usability Systematic degradation flame

I decided to download (Moviemaker) and buy the Digital Plus pack ... so I went to Microsoft.com. This site is so slow it is unusable.
(.....)
This struck me as completely odd. Why should I have to go somewhere else and do a scan to download moviemaker?
(.....)
just to get 6 things that are labeled in the SCARIEST possible way I had to download 17meg.
(.....)
Then it told me to reboot my machine. Why should I do that? I reboot every night -- why should I reboot at that time?
(.....)
the Install takes many minutes. Amazing how slow this thing is.
(.....)
Someone decided to trash the one part of Windows that was usable? The file system is no longer usable. The registry is not usable. This program listing was one sane place but now it is all crapped up.
But that is just the start of the crap.
What an absolute mess.
(.....)
I enter it all in and because it decides I have mistyped something I have to try again. Of course it has cleared out most of what I typed.
(.....)
The lack of attention to usability represented by these experiences blows my mind. I thought we had reached a low with Windows Network places or the messages I get when I try to use 802.11. (don't you just love that root certificate message?)

1 comment:

cybrbeast said...

haha, cool :)
First I thought it was fake, but it was actually dug up from the papers of the anti-trust lawsuit.