Thursday, December 22, 2011

Do rate movies you watch on IMDb?

I try to rate all the movies I see on imdb because I like the stats and the voting history. Also it some times prevents me from watching some movies twice due bad memory, especially when under influence :)
I'd like to know the movies you watched in 2011 and rated 8 or higher, if you don't use IMDb, then maybe you can remember your favorites of 2011.
These are mine, all of them are 8s, I had no 9s in 2011.

Hobo with a Shotgun
Get Low
Win Win
X-Men: First Class
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
True Grit
The Social Network

My biggest disappointment was Drive, which is rated 8.1 and I rated 4.

Annom:
I rated about 20 movies in 2011.
8s:
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)
Kick-Ass (2010)
The King's Speech (2010)
Inception (2010)
The Social Network (2010)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)

and the 8 hour mini-series John Adams (2008)

Biggest disappointment:
Battle for Haditha (2007)



Kamielkaze:
I don't rate movies at this moment on imdb, i will start today. The best movies i watched in 2011

8s would be:
Kick-Ass 
The King's Speech
Inception
True Grit
Celda 211
Toy story 3

Biggest disappointment :
The Town

3 comments:

cybrbeast said...

Just saw I forgot to rate The King's Speech, definitely an 8.

So you recommend the new Harry Potter, I still have to watch the last two.

Haven't seen John Adams yet either, something for the Christmas days :)

Never watched Battle for Haditha, didn't seem that interesting, gkad I didn't miss anything :)

annom said...

Yes, I enjoyed the last Harry Potter movie, more than the previous parts, but the book is still better :-)

John Adams is a "true story", something I always enjoy a bit more. And I have a soft spot for costume dramas. That's why I also really enjoy the series Boardwalk Empire and Downton Abbey. The latter is really soapy, but I still like it for the historic costumes/sets/habits etc.

I haven't seen most of your movies, so have something to do this christmas!

Kamiel said...

Thanks for the good movie tips there are some movies i stil need to see:
The social network,
HOBO with a Shotgun,
Get Low,
Win Win.

Rise of the planet of the Apes i found a good movie and the start (first 75%) of the movie was great after that it became a bit fake and cheap.